WELCOME!

Hey Everyone!
This is my blog about all the activities and details about my mission. My folks are going to be updating it weekly, based on the information that I send them through my letters. My current address:
Elder Brigham James Merrell
MTC Mailbox # 138
CHI-CONS 0706
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 14, 2010

Dear Family,
I love it here in the MTC. It's odd, it's like another world here, and yet, when we step outside to play on the field, or go to the temple, I'm home. Elder Holland came and spoke to us on saturday night. I got there an hour early, and was able to sit three rows away from him. It was amazing. He told us that going on a mission was EVERYTHING to him. He was determined that we stick it out to the end. He stopped in mid-sentence, and told us that the spirit told him that someone was thinking about going home early. He told us, "Don't you dare." He started out loud, but his voice choked up on the word "dare." It was very moving. He told us he wouldn't let us go, and that every good thing that has happened in his life, has come from his going on a mission. The life here is pretty repetitive. But not unpleasant. It's a very easy schedule: Get up, eat. Class, eat. Gym, class, eat. Class, Bedtime. Muy Bien. Yo se que el don de lenguas es realmente. Y que padre celestial me ama. siento su espiritu todos los dias. Agradezco por mi familia y por su amor para mi. Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta, y que Tomas S. Monson es un profeta actual. Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera y que Jesucristo expio por nuestros pecados. I love being here, and the spirit that fills my life daily. This week we got to teach actual investigators, and had to talk to them for the first 15 minutes in spanish. It was...rough. but we got through it. The actual lesson was in english, and it went really well. Elder Mcconnell and I were the smoothest ones in the lessons with great analogies and thought-provoking questions. I only have a minute left, so I have to wrap this up, before the computer kicks me off.

1 comment:

  1. Does Brig have an email address? I am horrible at sending letters in the mail, and not much better at emailing. But, he would have a better chance of hearing from me by email.......

    Love the letter.. It sounds like he is doing great! LOVE YA ELDER BRIGHAM!
    Love, KIM

    ReplyDelete