WELCOME!

Hey Everyone!
This is my blog about all the activities and details about my mission. My folks are going to be updating it weekly, based on the information that I send them through my letters. My current address:
Elder Brigham James Merrell
MTC Mailbox # 138
CHI-CONS 0706
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 1, 2010

I wrote this for myself, but just ended-up copying it into my journal, so you all get the original. Yay! I have to say I love it here. The Spirit is so amazing. I can honestly say that I have never cried so much, as I have since I got here. That's a good thing. I love you all so much and can't wait to see you in 23 months.
I'm recording my feelings of my emotions after we listened to Elder Foster's talk tonight. He didn't teach as powerfully or as eloquently as Elder Holland, bu the Spirit bore witness to me of the things which he spoke. He spoke to us about prayer. I find this interesting, because we have been teaching others how to pray. Prayer is a way to talk with God. I knew that. But tonight I realized the love of Heavenly Father as I have few other nights. What was most significant about the lesson tonight, was the other part of Elder Foster's talk. He told us that Heavenly Father knows each of us. I knew that too. He showed us a video of Joseph Millet. He was told by his daughter that Bro. Hall was out of flour. After preparing some flour, Bro. Hall appeared at Bro. Millet's home. Bro. Millet asked, "Do you need some flour?" Bro. Hall replied, "I looked everywhere, but couldn't find any. I prayed, and the Lord said to ask Joseph Millet." After Bro. Hall left, Joseph started crying. His sweet daughter asked him if he was alright? He replied, "It's good to know God knows Joseph Millet." As soon as he said that, I felt as I had only one other time, when I had finished seeing the movie, "Valentines Day" on a date. I really wanted that date to show some sort of affection, some sort of love. I came home that night, late though is may have been, and walked straight to Daddy's room, and gave him a hug. I heard him tell me that he loved me, and that he would always be there for me. I felt his arms squeeze me tight, and I knew I didn't need anything else. That's what I wanted tonight. I wanted to be with my Daddy again. So, I did what Elder Foster told us to do. I prayed to my Father in Heaven that I know loves me. I needed to feel love, so I went to the one source that I knew could satisfy my needs. Then the craziest thing happened. I felt that same acceptance that Daddy gives me come from my Father in Heaven. He helped me gow just that much closer to Him, as well as to the person I know I can be. I want to help people feel that love and acceptance that I feel, even as I write this. This is my testimony, that I bear in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment