WELCOME!

Hey Everyone!
This is my blog about all the activities and details about my mission. My folks are going to be updating it weekly, based on the information that I send them through my letters. My current address:
Elder Brigham James Merrell
MTC Mailbox # 138
CHI-CONS 0706
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May 21, 2010

Saturday 15th: Nothing really exciting happened today. We did get to watch a recorded devotional of Elder Bednar explaning "How do I know if it's the Spirit, or just me?" The most productive thing I did today, was come up with a secret knock that only my roommates know. It takes like 2 minutes, but it's totally worth it. It ends-up with the person inside asking "What is the order of awesome?" The correct response is "Scrumptrulescent." After the super long knock was made, we realized we all had keys to the room, but we still prefer our two minute secret knock.
Sunday: Nothing really significant. I spent three hours thinking about who I am, and who I want to be. It was really revealing.
Monday: Today was...forgetable. In my journal, I pretty much just wrote what I ate, and that I went to a meeting. Just another normal day in the MTC.
Tuesday: Today was another day of self-reflection. I find myself constantly worrying about who I should be, or things that are to come. I have no idea why. We had a devotional from Craig C. Christensen of the Seventy. I fell asleep. Elder Holland's talk was so much more engaging. My solution to my current problem, is to get out of myself, and focus on other's needs, which I've been trying to do recently.
Wednesday: Today, Elder McConnell and I made a silent agreement to sleep in. On service days, the only thing we have before Service at 8, is breakfast. We decided to forego it, and I had some delicious pop-tarts in our room (Thanks, Mom!). Even 10 minutes of sleeping in was a treat! We got to clean the stairs again, and I didn't mind. We went to the TRC, to teach the lesson. The first 15 minutes have to be in Spanish. Elder McConnell and I were able to listen and speak fluently. The blessings of the Lord are increasingly evident in my life, as I'm out here. Nowadays, instead of playing volleyball, I play 4-square with my zone. It's totally awesome! Tonight, Elder Ronfeldt, my Hulk of a roommate, decided to pull a prank on my companion, who was lying on his bed. He ran into the hall, grabbed a fire extinguisher, and sprinted into the room with it held above his head, and screamed a battle cry. Elder McConnell freaked out! It was super funny!
Thursday: Today, I was deemed "the deadliest player in 4-square, because I keep the ball so low. The days are slowing down now. It's very strange. All the guys are looking for the prettiest sisters in the cafeteria, and I don't like it. I mean, it's not very hard to find one, but I just can't stand it right now. I need to focus.
Friday: I know the day isn't over yet, but I've got big news! Apparently, there's a legend of a "pillow room" that's been around the MTC for years. Today some of the workers let us play in it! It's a room as big as our dorm, filled with pillows to the ceiling! You better believe I got pictures.
Thank you for all your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment