WELCOME!

Hey Everyone!
This is my blog about all the activities and details about my mission. My folks are going to be updating it weekly, based on the information that I send them through my letters. My current address:
Elder Brigham James Merrell
MTC Mailbox # 138
CHI-CONS 0706
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May 2010

I don't have a time limit while writing this letter, so I can respond adequately. I also have my journal by my side, so it will be accurate too.
Monday: This week started out nice. I got up, and had my daily battle with the shower temperature, but it eventually ran out of cold water, which was a first. We developed lesson plans for the great apostasy and the Restoration. I am getting more and more comfortable with talking to people. I had a suspicious chicken sandwich that tasted like sawdust, but was able to dilute it with BBQ sauce. During gym, I worked up a monstrous sweat, and had a shower. It was my first time in what we call, "The Celestial Shower." It has a constant temperature, and very high pressure. It was nice!
Tuesday: Tonight was my first real spiritual experience in the MTC. These words come from the bottom of my heart and the foundation of my character. Elder Holland spoke to us, and we were asked to record how we felt. "After listening to Elder Holland's talk, I feel...spiritual. I feel hard-pressed to put my feelings into words. Elder Holland's messages are always emotional.. He is especially passionate about missionary work. Over the last few days-week, actually, I have had a difficult time grasping the gravity of the coming events that will impact me in a way I can't imagine. I will miss my family and friends, true, but I have been empowered tonight to realize my Heavenly Father loves. He has drawn me yet closer than He ever has before. I have also felt recently that I will not be up to the task of helping others come unto Christ. When Elder Holland told us not to DARE let those Primary children, nieces and nephews, cousins, and all of the young boys looking up to us, down. They have put their faith in us, and we are to set the perfect example. Knowing that, I was able to see my greater purpose. I can't afford to let Satan weaken my resolve when Heavenly Father is counting on me. The Spirit is touching me, even now, as I hope to direct it to touch those people who need the Gospel in their lives. I will not let them down. I know that if I stay obedient to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, I can truly change into the missionary I need to be for Heavenly Father. I love Him more at this moment, more than I ever have. I will change. I will do everything in my power to bring others unto Christ. And I will say yes, when Jesus asks, "Lovest thou me?"
Wednesday: Today, I discovered how hard it can be to get out of bed, but I eventually won the battle against the bed-magnets. We did service, by cleaning 3 stories of stairs. It was sweet. We got a lesson plan for the remaining points of the first discussion. For class, we prepared for the Teaching Resource Center(TRC), where we got to teach volunter investigators. It was good, mostly. My Spanish is still rough, but I'm getting it. We found out our roommates are leaving in 2 weeks. They are spiritual giants, and I will miss them, but they'll stay in touch!
Thursday: Our whole morning was one big study session. We all did personal study first. I read in the Pearl of Great Price, and when that study was over, I posed a question that I can't really remember. It got the the topic "Was Cain killed in the flood, or is he big foot?" It got pretty violent. Haha. We had companionship inventory, guess what? We're still awesome!
Well, that's it for this week. Hope all is well with everyone. Love, Elder Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment